Incident Status Summary
Purpose: The Incident Status Summary-Generic (IMS 209-G) provides a general overview or ‘snapshot in time’ of the current situation, future outlook and anticipated actions at a particular stage during incident response operations.
It is generally used for the following purposes:
- To provide Command Staff and other incident management personnel with basic information for planning for the next operational period.
- Issued by the Situation Unit personnel for posting information on Status Boards or circulating as required.
- Provides information to the Information Officer for preparing news media releases.
- Summarizes incident information for local and off-site coordination/operations centers.
- To brief incident officials
Preparation: The IMS 209-G is prepared by the Situation Unit Leader or Planning Section Chief. It should contain the most accurate and up-to-date information available at the time it is prepared.
Distribution: The IMS 209-G may be scheduled for presentation to the Planning Section Chief and the other General Staff prior to each Planning Meeting and may be required at more frequent intervals by the Incident or EOC Commander, or the Planning Section Chief. It may also be distributed to Information Officer and/or local/off-site coordination/operations centers. The IMS 209-G is duplicated and distributed to the Incident or EOC Commander and staff, all section Chiefs, Planning Section Unit Leaders, and organization dispatch centers. It is posted on the display board located at the Incident Command Post. All completed original forms must be given to the Documentation Unit.
Note: This is an all-hazards generic version of IMS 209-G. Additional hazard or discipline-specific versions or sections may be developed or used as required.